HOSPITAL BASED ANESTHESIA
WHY SO MANY FACILITIES CHOOSE TO PARTNER WITH ALLIED
There are plenty of good reasons that healthcare facilities choose Allied Anesthesiologists, but here are a few of the highlights:
- Allied Anesthesiologists help run the most efficient operating rooms in the State of California
- All Allied Anesthesiologists are Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Allied is consistently recognized as the leader in patient and physician satisfaction surveys
- Allied Anesthesia has one of the most stringent vetting processes for new members of any anesthesia group in the nation
- Allied Anesthesia is an optimally structured and professionally managed all-physician medical group with a 50 year history
WHY CHOOSE ALLIED PEDIATRIC ANESTHESIOLOGISTS
Our award-winning team of experienced, board-certified and board-eligible pediatric anesthesiologists do what they do because they care deeply for young patients—easing their pain and ensuring their safety. Through special training and experience, our pediatric anesthesiologists provide the safest care for infants and children undergoing anesthesia. Many of our pediatric anesthesiologists are subspecialized in cardiothoracic anesthesia, critical care medicine, and pain management, providing care for the most complex patients.
- Board-certified pediatric anesthesiologists
- Pediatric cardiothoracic service
- Pediatric pain – complex pediatric pain blocks
- Over 17,000 cases per year
- Cover the most complicated pediatric cases at our hospital and surgery center locations
- Familiar with complex congenital heart and rare genetic conditions
- Regional anesthesia for postoperative pain management
WHY CHOOSE ALLIED CARDIOTHORACIC ANESTHESIOLOGISTS
There are few things more stress-provoking for patients than the prospect of a heart procedure. When you choose Allied, your patients are in the hands of a world-class all-physician team, available 24/7, 365 days a year. Our group performs anesthesia for over 3,600 heart procedures annually. Each member has attained cardiothoracic fellowships or advanced cardiac training from top programs such as the Cleveland Clinic, UCSF, USC, Texas Heart Institute, or John Hopkins University, and/or has more than 20 years of experience in a heart program. Allied has the largest cardiothoracic anesthesia team in Southern California and includes award-winning physicians trained in:
- Adult and pediatric cardiothoracic anesthesia
- Advanced perioperative transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)
- Percutaneous closures of congenital heart defects
- Critical care medicine
- Resuscitation medicine
- Invasive monitoring
- High acuity cases
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Transcatheter pulmonary valve (TPV) therapy
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedures
- Ventricular assist device (VAD) therapy
WHY CHOOSE ALLIED AS PART OF YOUR BIRTH PLAN
The birth of your child may be one of the most momentous occasions in your life. When partnering with an Allied anesthesiologist, you have an ally whose main goal is to assist with your delivery plan, while ensuring a positive and stress-free experience for mothers, families, and their new babies. Allied Anesthesiologists are clinical experts in obstetric anesthesia, supporting over 13,000 deliveries annually, providing effective pain relief and a wide range of anesthetic services to expectant mothers. Our anesthesiologists place epidurals and utilize general and other anesthetic techniques in the best labor and delivery suites throughout Southern California. Allied Anesthesia’s expertly trained anesthesiologists are highly focused on pain management, and mother and infant wellbeing, both during and after delivery.
WHY CHOOSE ALLIED FOR YOUR OFFICE BASED PROCEDURE
Allied Anesthesia works with healthcare facilities in a number of different ways. Be it Plastic Surgery, Eye, In-Vitro Fertilization, Bariatrics, or other office based programs, we work as true partners, offering excellent clinical care from a well managed group with a proven track record of success.
In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
Today, most doctors use sedation during IVF procedures, including regional anesthesia, “conscious sedation,” in which the patient is awake and can respond to commands, and general anesthesia, in which the patient is asleep. At Allied, we work with multiple IVF clinics to provide anesthesia during the egg retrieval process. Propofol is our anesthetic of choice for IVF procedures for a few reasons:
While we highly recommend incorporating a skilled anesthesiologist into the egg retrieval process, we strongly encourage women undergoing egg retrieval to have a conversation with their doctor about how best to minimize discomfort and optimize results.
Allied Anesthesia provides anesthesia services for several specialty dental facilities. We’re the ideal partner for cosmetic surgery centers, advanced dental facilities and dental implant centers that require skilled anesthesiologists.
The best ASCs staff the best doctors because they know doing so is the simplest way to achieve excellence in safety, efficiency and quality, which all lead to better patient and surgeon satisfaction.
A Custom-Designed Team
Allied provides each ASC with a small team of anesthesiologists selected to fit the needs of that ASC, whether it be pediatrics, regional, preoperative assessment or management.
Allied physicians work as part of your team to ensure proper ASC patient selection. If needed, we also design and implement specialized selection algorithms for patient selection. Our fast turnover times allow for more procedures in a shorter time, without compromising quality. And our experience with regional blocks means patients are discharged sooner, and surgeries that once required an overnight can be done on an outpatient basis.
A Team With Regional Awareness and Sensitivity
We serve numerous ASCs, provide multiple ASC medical directorships and manage several ASCs in Orange, Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. That wide network has given us sensitivity to the medical, political and financial realities of ASCs in the Southern California region. It’s also given us the flexibility to customize anesthesia services at each ASC to fit its needs.
Supported by the Latest Technology
The Allied team believes in the power of technology to create better patient and surgeon satisfaction because we’ve seen it in action. That’s why we provide web-based, real-time information sharing on best practices for clinical management and surgeon preferences, tailored to each service site.
WHY CHOOSE ALLIED FOR PAIN MANAGEMENT SERVICES
When you work with Allied Anesthesia, you and your patients are treated by some of the most experienced pain management specialists in the nation. Pain management is a growing field, and providing these services can help your facility stand out. Our award-winning Pain Management Team can either help you develop and staff an in-house pain management clinic, or recommend a trusted group to handle pain management referrals from your facility.
PAIN MANAGEMENT FOR POST-OP PAIN
When surgery or typical medical techniques cannot address a patient’s pain, the Allied Team can help. From developing plans for oral pain management to administering intravenous or epidural anesthesia to alleviate pain, Allied anesthesiologists have the expertise to give patients truly comprehensive care.
We specialize in post-op pain management blocks, which allow patients to go home sooner—or even leave the same day—transforming many of yesterday’s inpatient surgeries into outpatient procedures.
CHRONIC NECK & BACK PAIN MANAGEMENT
Disc herniation, sciatic, neck, and back pain are some of the most frustrating conditions patients can experience. At Allied, we understand this. That is why we offer comprehensive outpatient procedures that get patients back to living life. We provide the timely service patients need, and report to their referring physicians.
Our Services Include:
- Cervical and lumbar steroid injections
- Cervical and lumbar facet joint steroid injections
- Occipital nerve blocks
- Radiofrequency ablation for cervical and lumbar pain syndromes
- Sacroiliac joint steroid injections
- Spinal cord stimulator trials
- Use of fluoroscopy and ultrasound guidance for pinpoint precision
- Trigger point myofascial pain injections
- Ilioinguinal nerve blocks
- Stellate ganglion nerve blocks
- Lumbar sympathetic nerve blocks
- Hip injections
- Advice on rehab exercises and referrals
- Inpatient Pain Services for Children